Monday, February 2, 2015

Oct. 6 and 7, 1914

Oct. 6th

Cloudy and Misty. To and from with Jay, Fred, Burl, Pudget, Cup. Took a little spin half-way out to Hopkins this AM, All late for school.

Played 2 sets of tennis with Cliff. I beat the first set that I have ever beat Cliff (unclear word). He also beat me 7-5. We then came in and played H.L.J &the G (this last initial is unclear). I beat 3 out of 5.

Lessons and to bed

Turned to be a pretty good day.

Oct 7th

Fine day. To and from with Jay and the kids. Showed Southworth (author note: this is the mechanical drawing teacher at the high school) my A.U.H.S.(Author Note: Anaheim Union High School where grandpa went to school the year before while in California)drawings and he said that I was a ++ draftsman in West (author note:West is the name of grandpa's high school) but the drawings were worth about 85%.

Jay, Geo, Daniel, Burl, Fat C, Dewey and more took a ride out to Edina after school. 
(author Note: Edina is a small city south west of Minneapolis.)

Played a set of tennis with Cliff 6-4. Walt came down with his football and we had some fun going thru (unclear word) practice "etc". 

Came in a played a couple games of H.L.J.G. I beat 1 and Cliff the other.

Lessons and to bed.

Mother and Pa are at meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment