Friday, April 3, 2015

Oct 22 & 23 1914

The Ford is my shepherd... Grandpa was a car guy for sure!
Thursday Oct 22

No school, teachers convention.

Rainy but warm.

Took new pants and vest down town to be tailored.

Wrote a letter to Mr. Hargreve in aft. Wrote a parody on the 23 Psalm in favor of the Ford in answer to one True sent me. Am going to send it to the Co.

Author note: I'm guessing this last part means grandpa sent his parody to Ford Motor Cars. I found in 1917 there is a record of this 23 psalm Ford parody. Probably not grandpa's but still fun to read.

The Ford is my car;
I shall not want another.
It maketh me to lie down in wet places;
It soileth my soul;
It leadeth me into deep waters;
It leadeth me into paths of ridicule for its namesake;
It prepareth a breakdown for me in the presence of mine enemies.
Yea, though I run through the valleys, I am towed up the hill;
I fear great evil when it is with me.
Its rods and its engines discomfort me;
It annointeth my face with oil;
Its tank runneth over.
Surely to goodness if this thing follow me all the days of my life,
I shall dwell in the house of the insane forever.



Friday Oct 23.

Cloudy and threatening very warm in morning but colder in aft. 

Stew, Walt & I monkeyed with foot ball this am signal practice "etc".

Arnold & I played kick goal in aft. Cliff came over & we three played a few games of H.L.J & Q

I wrote comp today. Sat around with mother  & recalled old times most of  evening. Pa had to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment