Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Oct 15 & 16, 1914



Oct 15

Fine & quite warm.

Rode down and back with Jay. Was very foggy in early morning- so much that I read a fellow walked into a streetcar and broke his nose.

Cliff came over in the aft. & we played 2 fine lively sets of tennis 6-4 (Cliff) & 7-5 (me). I have improved a great deal since I have started playing in July, Aug. I did not then have a serve, no backhand or even return but now I am good at all? Also beat 3 out of 5 A. L. J. & G games.

Lessons, rattled bones & to bed at 9 PM.

HTC (New signature)




Oct 16

Fine & Warm

To & from with Jay. Going home we had 10 in his 5 pers. car for a way.

I walked down to Nic. Park & saw last of central North game. 13-0 in favor of N. N. has only one more game & if they win that they will get the championship. West plays South Tomorrow.

The Saxe Theater

Ma, Pa, & I went down to the New Palace Theater tonight. Saw the best show that I have ever been to. The theater is beautiful large & clean. Just opened 2 weeks ago. Minneapolis has 9 large theaters now. The Saxe opened up 3 weeks ago. It is also fine - Enormous pipe organ "etc". Motion pictures only (10 cents The Palace has 5 or 6 reels of pictures & 5 acts for 10-20 cents) There is a stock company at this Shubert - low prices & the Bijou has been made over for the Brainbridge players (stock) high priced. Mpls. is pretty with her new G.N. Depot - new post office, new 20 story bldg., improvved park system "etc".




3 comments:

  1. I think my comment just got lost- sorry if it's a double post.

    I wish he'd named the film! It's so cool you're doing this; the diaries are so much more interesting with all this context!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my comment just got lost- sorry if it's a double post.

    I wish he'd named the film! It's so cool you're doing this; the diaries are so much more interesting with all this context!

    ReplyDelete