Sunday, November 15, 2020

March, 23 - 25, 1916

 Thurs. March, 23, 1916

Fine and Moderate

Finished my letter to Stew. I forgot to say that Pa is not working now having finished for Mr. Bayliss last Saturday. He got 25 cents per hour or $11.25. I made a clamp out of wood and 1 bolt and glued a part of my chair together. To library in eve and read and got a fine book that tells all how to raise etc. California fruits. Today was the most windy day I have ever seen out here - about a 70 mile per hour west wind. Nearly split the Mulberry tree in two but we braced and tied it up. Quite a little damage on the coast. 7 eggs

Author note: 25 cent from 1916 would equate to $6.25 today and the $11.25 would be about $280.

Fri. March, 24, 1916

Graduating class from Anaheim High School 1916 likely shows the friends mentioned in this entry


Fine and Moderate

Worked on my chair and glued the back and made and glued a seat. (hollowed out 2 piece) Drove down and got some groceries in afternoon. Drove over to invite Roots over tonight, but they would rather come tomorrow so I drove home and walked to High School to hear the Anaheim - Hollywood debates. Floyd was going to come down and then go back with us Sunday, but he didn't. Saw Milton and Alice Pannier, Callie Callaway, Dilo Winters, Clark Chamberlain, Ed Miller, Arnold " Mojonny", and several others. Holly won. Question was on the literacy test and Holly had (word unclear). Walked home, read paper and to bed. 5 eggs

Sat. March, 25, 1916

Fine ideal and moderate

Pa and I thinned out and transplant some of the lettuce. Then he and I worked on our chairs. I have mine all glued together except the seat. I made another clamp. Late afternoon Grand and I drove to town and I got groceries. In eve I drove around town and over to roots and brought them over to our house. Root and I lost 3 games of whist  tonight - no cards. Had popcorn and some fudge Ma made for eats. I drove them home and to bed 8 eggs. Fatty has quit laying and we sat her on 15 eggs tonight. In my bible reading I am just starting Deuteronomy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment