Monday, November 2, 2020

March 17 -19, 1916

 Fri. March 17, 1916

This is the only image I could find with the Opera House in it.
I imagine it is the large building in the back. This is from 1895

Cloudy - Moderate

Stained my book-case and opened up our 3 boxes of books and put them on it in my backroom. Grandpa bought a bedroom set for himself this afternoon so I can get settled now. Drove down in aft. and got 50 pounds mixed chicken feed for $1.13. Rode down to library in eve - also over to Opera House where there was a masque ball and watched them dance a little from the outside. 8 eggs

Sat. March 18, 1916

Fine and moderate

Grandpa's bedroom set came. Some swell. I drove them down to change a rug in A.M. Drove Ma down again in afternoon. Fixed up my room some. Made a vice to hold boards while plaining them on the work bench. In eve Pa and I killed a young rooster and I read one adventure in "Return Sherlock Holmes" 7 eggs

Sun. March 19, 1916

Fine and warm

Cleaned up auto - took a bath and cleaned up - Pa to church but Mother too tired and I not ready in time. Had a lunch and then a little after 2 I drove down and met Lowell Daggett on the 2:30 stage. We drove home and talked and looked around the place. Then He, I, Mother, and Grand went for a ride to Santa Ana, Olive, Orange and back. Pa went to a Christian Science lecture. Supper - Chicken pie etc - talked and then I drove him down and he took the 7:30 stage in. They had a 20 room house in Minneapolis and at one time were quite well to do. I guess, but I don't think they are now. He invited me up there. He had never been in this district nor in an orange grove and I gave him a big bag of oranges to take back. Home - read and to bed. 4 eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment