Monday, October 26, 2020

March 14 - 16, 1916

 Tues. March 14, 1916


Fine and moderate

Got a letter from Lowell Daggett saying he was probably coming to see me next week. I answered it this eve. Pa to town to look for a job and found one as a sort of a rough carpenter doing some fixing up for Mr. Bayliss. He took his tool and went to work this afternoon. I fixed up the tool cabinet and in the afternoon fixed a small leak in an inner tube that troubled us Sunday. Read and wrote to L.D. in eve. 9 eggs

Wed. March 15, 1916

Fine and moderate

I dug up some pipe in the orchard and got ready to run a line to the chicken house and yard. Read in eve and finished "The Barrier" which was very good. 5 eggs

Thurs. March 16, 1916

Fine and moderate

I made a bookcase for my room today out of some of the lumber our goods were shipped in. Finished it except stain. Drove down in afternoon and got stain 25 cents and groceries. Gave up idea of running water to chicken house because Grandpa objected. Rode down to library in evening and got new book "Return of Sherlock Holmes" by Doyle. Pa still working. 6 eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment