Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Feb. 28 - Mar. 1, 1916

 Mon. Feb. 28, 1916


Fair and cloudy.

Got a bill for our furniture and the freight will be $86 and total cost $122. Ought to be here soon. Monkeyed around in A.M. Started to make a fly trap in aft. To library in eve - read and got "The Gentleman From Indiana" By Booth Tarkington and an "American" magazine. Took back "The Reckoning" which I finished - pretty good.

Tues. Feb. 29, 1916

This was a popular magazine of the day and described as
 "filled with scantily clad showgirls and tales of murder and suspense."

Hard shower A.M. fair and cloudy.

Read several article in American Magazine - it is a fine magazine. Finished my fly trap. Got Clint's lawn mower in aft. and we cut all grass around here. Rode over to Randolph Fruit Co. and got $2.70 for the lemon sorting I did (20 cents per hour). Rode town and got groceries and meat and sold 1 doz. eggs 17 cents. Read in eve. 6 eggs.

Wed. March 1, 1916

Lowell Daggett from West High Yearbook


Cold and windy - cloudy. A little touch of Minnesota weather lately - gives me a touch of homesickness once in a while.

The last few days I have been monkeying with my violin a little - can play about as bad as ever. Shut up 3 young roosters to fat and kill this A.M. In aft I drove Ma downtown to look at some furniture on sale. Ma and Pa to meeting in eve and Grandpa and I played H.L.J.Q - I beat 2 out of 3. I got a letter from Lowell Daggett (in my graduating class) today. He is in L.A. and is working for the L.A. County collecting fossil in San Pedro for the museum of Expo park of which his uncle is the director. I answered it this eve. 9 eggs


No comments:

Post a Comment