Friday, October 23, 2020

Mar. 11 - 13, 1916

 Sat. Mar. 11, 1916 

Fine and hot. Yesterday hottest for this time of year for many years.

Pa took stage to L.A. at 9 A.M. I worked around all A.M. cleaning up boxes, boards, papers, etc. Auto only hitting on 2 1/2 cylinders and so in afternoon I cleaned 3 valves and made it hit on 3 3/4. Then washed it. Grandpa is painting floor in his room so he is occupying my back room and bed and I repose on the lounge in the parlor. Took bath in late afternoon and rode down and got meat for supper. Mrs. Harner requested me to drive her down to a evangelical meeting, so I did. Will get here about 10 P.M. Read 2 eggs

Sun. Mar. 12, 1916 

Santa Monica Pier 1917

Fine, not so hot

Pa stayed at Ethel's last eve and we 3 left at 7:15 for there. Got there about 9 - read etc. Ma and Pa the Christian Science church. In afternoon we all drove to Santa Monica - foggy but warm there. Back about 5 - visited etc and left for home about 7:30. Foggy all the way. 6 eggs

Mon. Mar. 13, 1916 

Cloudy and cool

Pa painted floor Grandpa's room nother coat and they over kitchen 1 coat enamel in afternoon. I worked on tool cabinet all day and got it nearly done. Rode down and got groceries. 5 eggs read in eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment