Wednesday, December 9, 2020

April 4 - 6, 1916

 Tues. April 4, 1916

Anaheim grocery store 1915

Cloudy and slight sprinkle. Cool

Worked all A.M. No work in afternoon. Mother alright again. Worked around a little in afternoon. Pa and I drove down and got groceries and meat late in afternoon. Read in eve. Also learn a few German words out of English-German  dictionary, so I can talk to Pete at the packing house. I enjoy my work at the packing house and hope it will be pretty steady. I forgot to put down that Ethel was working for a lady (sister of Pauline's) who runs a dress making shop in Hollywood at $6 per week. She likes it fine. I weigh 125 1/2 pounds now and look feel fine. Lots of color which was absent in Minneapolis. Pa was yellow when he came out here, but is red as an Indian now. 8 eggs

 Weds. April 5, 1916

Fine - Warm

Worked from 7 - 3:30. Pa fixing up screens etc... for Miss Fay on Broadway all day. They want him to work at the packing house and he is going to start tomorrow. I drove over and told him about it in afternoon. Ma, Mrs. Hoag, and Mrs. Harner to Christian Science meeting and I drove them down and back. Read. 8 eggs

 Thurs. April 6, 1916


Fine and warm

Pa and I over to packing house at 7 - he walked and I rode. We worked 2 hours - finished up the car. Pa graded with Zellar and I, then he and I walked home and then he rode over to Miss Fay's to finish up his work there. I worked around. In eve I went to the library and read and got a new book "The Soldier of Fortune" by Richard Harding Davis. Took a bath late in afternoon. 9 eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment