Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Apr. 1 - 3, 1916

 Sat. Apr. 1, 1916

Worked from 7 - 5. Am grading with a fellow name of Zellar and he is so jolly you don't notice you are working at all. I drove down with Pa and we got groceries. In eve Ethel and Floyd came down and we talked etc. Floyd and I drove down after some more groceries. Floyd and I sleep together. 7 eggs

Sun. Apr. 2, 1916

1916 ad for newly incorporated Seal Beach

Up and I cleaned up the auto. Read etc. Had two small roosters for dinner. In afternoon Ethel, Floyd, and us all drove up to Seal Beach. It was fine there. We walked around etc. and then drove over to Long Beach and down to Long Beach Harbor and then home over a short cut country road. At Seal Beach a fellow was taking passengers up in his aeroplane for $5 a take. Pa and I made up our minds to build one of our own. Home about 5PM. Visited in eve and they left on the stage for Hollywood at 7:30. 6 eggs

Mon. Apr. 3, 1916

Cool and part cloudy

Worked all day. Mother not very well and Pa got breakfast and dinner. I drove down after work and got 50 cent chicken feed and one loaf of bread. Read in eve. 12 eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment