Friday, September 11, 2020

Feb. 10 - 12, 1916

 Thurs. Feb. 10, 1916

Foggy A.M. Sun and warm afternoon Fog at nite.

Pa painting window screens. He also wrote to Ogden A.Confer to sell our property in Minneapolis. I wrote a letter to Walt. Rode down and got some bread and meat. Our grocery, meat and milk for the last month have cost us $23 (we have not bought any potatoes).

In afternoon I worked around - rode down and bought some stuff to fill tire cuts and filled one on the auto. 4 eggs. I rode to library and read papers till 7:30 then to Root's and he and I beat Pa and Mrs 2 games 500.

Fri. Feb. 11, 1916

Foggy A.M. sunny afternoon

Worked around - dug potatoes in afternoon. I rode over to packing house and got my pay. I get 20 cents per hour and got $8.40 for what work I did. Pa painting screens all day. Read in eve. 4 eggs.

Sat. Feb. 12, 1916

Fog A.M. fine and warm most of day.

Drove 4 miles out county road to buy some cheap potatoes, but they were no good. Back and bought 3 gas, groceries, and meat also 40# bean which is $1.30 per sack and 6# beef scrap for 25 cents and 2 # charcoal for 10 cents to mix with it to make for a dry mash. For a scratch feed we bought 50# coffir corn at $1.85 per 100# and 25# of wheat $2.20 per 100# which we will mix together and feed instead of ready mixed stuff at $1.35 per 100. I cleaned the chicken house some in the afternoon, fixed boxes for the feed and mixed it. Then made a trough and fed the chickens some of the bran. Then polished the auto all up. Read in evening and took a bath. 4 eggs. Gas is 17 1/2 cents now. We now have 10 hens. 2 pullets about 5 mos. old, and 4 roosters (3 young).


No comments:

Post a Comment