Thursday, September 17, 2020

Feb. 16 - 18, 1916

Wed. Feb. 16, 1916

Fine and fairly hot

Up at 6 A.M. and worked all day at Packing House (10 hours) sorting lemons. At noon May etc. were here at lunch. In eve we drove over to Root's and took them over to May's and we all played card etc. Grandpa and I vs. Mrs Root and May each got 1 game and then Pa and Root beat May and I 1 game, both whist. Home and to bed. 6 eggs

Thurs. Feb. 17, 1916

Fine and Mod. hot.

Worked from 7 - 10:30. then home and helped Pa and Grandpa start a shed on the back of the garage. In afternoon I went down and got a haircut and then up to May's and took Clinton bike down to [unclear word] to have it shipped - Gertie rode her's down too. Home and worked some more. Then we drove down town, May also - got groceries etc. Then Grandpa, Pa, and I out about 1 mile and bought a sack of potatoes for seed. May etc. here for Supper. In eve we went down to her place and I was going to take Gertie, Toots, and 2 other kids to the show (Mary Pickford), but crowded and could not get in so I took kids for a little ride - then sat and listened to phonograph at May's for a while and then us home. 7 eggs

Fri. Feb. 18, 1916

Fine and quite hot

Worked (Pa, Grand, and I) on the shed all day and finished it. Took the partition out of the garage so it is fine and large now and you can drive in at 30 and still not go thru the back wall. 

May to the city all day and the kids up here. I cleaned up and drove down and met here at 5 P.M. got some groceries and they here for supper after that I drove May around a little - then over and brought Root's over and we visited and Root and I lost 2 games of whist from Grand and Pa. Drove them back and then brought Ma and Pa and 5 hen's of May's up to our house at 10:30 P.M. Bed. 5 hen fruit. Garden up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment