Thursday, September 10, 2020

Feb. 7 - 9, 1916

 Mon. Feb. 7, 1916

Grandpa and his father plowing
Foggy

Fed our 16 chickens, 4 roosters (3 young), 3 small pullets and the rest hens. Pa and I dug potatoes rest of A.M. In afternoon we plowed with the hand plow - 1 pullie and 1 pushy. Plowed a space in back garden 20X40 and then took the single harrow, meant for a horse, and dragged that over it. Then we took some stuff over to the dump in the auto (Pa drove) and back by town so I could buy some rim cement for my tire, which is loose. Got 3 eggs today. I to library in eve and read papers and magazines.

Feb. 7, 1916 LA Times
Tues. Feb. 8, 1916

Foggy except late afternoon.

We put in carrots, turnips, onions, celery, and peas this A.M. We drove to town this afternoon and got groceries. In eve we drove to Elliot's and visited there till 9:30. Home and to bed.

Wed. Feb. 9, 1916

Foggy A.M. sunny P.M.

I rode down in A.M. and bought some seeds and Pa and I put them in today - Peas, beans, onions, tomatoes, beets and head lettuce. I also made a hot bed to raise tomato plants in. 3 eggs. To meeting in eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment