Sunday, September 27, 2020

Feb. 22 - 24, 1916

 Tues. Feb. 22, 1916

Fine and warm

Grand and I cut potatoes - Pa painting the walls. Then I plowed with the small plow and Grand plant about 3/4 sack of spuds. I rode down and got the mail (holiday and they didn't deliver) Ethel sent us the pictures that I left with her to have developed and they are good. Took a bath after dinner - then down and heard the Anaheim band play at the library. In eve Grand, Pa and I played 500.Played all eve but could not finish the game so we'll have to continue some other eve. 6 eggs

Wed. Feb. 23, 1916



Fine and moderate

Pa painting living and dining room walls all day. I worked around outside. To library in eve and I got "The Reckoning" by Robert Chambers also a magazine, read papers and magazine and home. 10 eggs

Thurs. Feb. 24, 1916

Fine and moderate

Grand and I drove down and got paint for the kitchen, stain for bedroom floors, and tint for bedrooms. I also got groceries and meat and sold 1 dozen eggs at market for 18 cents. Home and I worked around. Helped Pa tint in afternoon and we tinted one bedroom and the kitchen and stained floors of 2 bedrooms. Read in eve. Pa to a river protection meeting at the High School. Cool enough in eve and A.M. lately to have a little fire in the airtight. 11 eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment