Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Jan. 29 - 31, 1916

 Sat. Jan. 29, 1916

Looks like my grandfather started keeping track of the moon phases next to date.

Alternate rain and clear. Hail this A.M.

I worked all day grading - oranges were pretty good today so all we had to do was to stand there and watch them roll by. Got a letter from Walt. Read in eve.

Sun. Jan. 30, 1916

Fine sunny fairly warm

Pa and I washed the auto. I took a bath and then we went to the Christian Science Church. Mr. Worsley and his family were there - also quite a crowd. We were invited to Roots for dinner and in the afternoon we took them out for a ride up into Brea Canyon so far as the pavement went. It was fine - sunny grand. Read all eve.

Mon. Jan. 31, 1916

A selection of lights from the Aladdin 1916 furnishings catalog.
light fixture ad from 1916

Fine

Up at 6 A.M. went over to the packing house - do not have to work till 1 P.M. so came home. Took the auto down got some groceries and the new electric light fixture that grandpa bought in L.A. at the Ex. store. Then Pa and I spent the rest of A.M.in getting ready to put them up. I worked from 1 - 5 P.M. Read in eve and we played 2 games of 500 and I beat both. Stew sent me two copies of the "West High Weekly," A newspaper of which he is manager. Hard East wind all day and quite cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment