Monday, March 23, 2020

Dec. 27, 1914

Dec. 27, 1914



Nice bright day only about 2 or 3 below. Got up late read paper etc... Pa went to church. Mother and I went to the vesper service at Plymouth Cong. Church. Came home sat around in fireplace - read and to bed.

In the AM I found an old alarm clock in the attic - brought it down - took it apart - oiled it up and made it run.

I forgot we got 2 Christmas boxes from out West [from his grandfather and family] Saturday. Aunt May sent me a fine tie and I got a leather cover photo album from Floyd [cousin]. Mother got a fine leather pillow with "I Love You, Cal" on it and a box of stationary from May and a house cap and another pillow from Ethel [Aunt]. On Xmas day we also received a sack of walnuts from Clint [cousin].

No comments:

Post a Comment