Thursday, March 26, 2020

Jan. 1, 1915

Jan. 1, 1915

One of my grandfather's photos of iceboating

FRIDAY NEW YEARS DAY
I got up late. It was quite windy so I made a sail and took it down to the lake to sail on skates. I found that there was a terrible hard west wind down there and the N. and S. path was all blown over so I went ice boating with Willard and Dewey. It was great. We sure did hit the high spots.

I came home and we had dinner. I went back and walked over to the warming house - put on my skates and monkeyed around back and forth with Frank Hutchinson, but the main rink and 48 st. In the later part of the afternoon Lawrence Freeman came down and we went across and skated with Bernice and Ruth who were over there. We came home about 6. I came up with them and stopped Randall's while Bernice changed (Words unclear could be " two swaps"). They wanted to skate again in the eve. So I volunteered to take them down. Called for Bernice 7:45 and we called for Ruth - went down - skated across and skated around all evening until about 9:30 or 10.

Came home and to bed. In the afternoon someone swiped my hockey stick, but some kids saw the one who took it and I will get it back. I hope.

Temp was mild except for the west wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment