Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Dec. 28 -29, 2014

Dec. 28, 2014

Quite warm and grey fine day for skating. I went down in the afternoon and had a fine time with a couple of little kids "etc..."

I got an invite from Gertrude Nielsen for Wednesday eve. I am not sure who she is, but I will risk it.

Pa, Mother and I played 500 in eve and I won. Pa and I also played a few games of H.L.J.G

Image may contain: outdoor
The Loeb Arcade was a brand new shopping mall in 1914. Some claim in was the first indoor mall.


Dec. 29, 2014

Colder and hard west wind.

Mother and I went downtown about 11. I got my shoes tapped and a haircut and a crystal for my watch. (Word unclear) then went down into the arcade cafeteria and got some soup and pie and then we got 2 boxes of candy to send to Aunt May and Aunt Ethel.

I came home and went skating. Met R.R. and nother girl down there - froze my hands putting on skates and then we skated across against the wind to the warming house. Came back soom. Home. Monkeyed around. To bed

Click here for more on the Loeb Arcade


No comments:

Post a Comment