Friday, March 27, 2020

Jan. 2 - 3, 1915

Jan. 2, 1915

Worked all day. Quite mild - about 8 below in early AM

I have worked 5 days this vacation and made $11.00 . I forgot I got proofs of my grad pictures Thursday and 3 of them are pretty good. Have not decided on one yet. To bed 12 MX.

NOTE: $11 in 1914 is worth about $260 in 2020

Jan. 3, 1915

Fine mild day. Got up late and read all day.

Mother and I went up to little Episcopal church on 46th st. at 5 pm and heard Dr. Johnson speak - He was fine. He said that our lives had to have 3 dimensions length, width, and height or depth. Length was our purpose and our aim. Our width was the extent of good, our feeling and helpfulness to those around us and our height was our reverence and our depth our humility. He illustrated his talk very concretely so that it stays with a person.

We then called on Bushnell's and they were glad to see us. Came home and I read and went to bed 9:45

No comments:

Post a Comment