Tuesday, May 26, 2020

April 30 - May 1, 1915

Fri. April 30, 1915

Up at 6:30 and took a bath. Fine but quite cool. Rode my bike. Had history and trig test that were hum-dingers. Practiced all afternoon. home - cut back lawn. up to church to a teachers meeting. We have got a new piano. Decide to consider the baptist Sunday school lessons (which are suppose to be the best) for next year. Mr Blair is going to give us lectures on the bible every week. Home and to bed.
Is the 1926/27 T a T-Bucket? Let's settle that and cover a few ...
Here's the car grandpa is teaching Mr. Hovelman to drive.
Sat. May 1, 1915

Fine, but a little cool.

Rode my bike down to school and we practiced all A.M. I drilled my "army" and we got it down fine. Our guns weigh about 75 lbs apiece, but we are getting used to them. At noon we got the big drum and paraded all over school and outdoors, too. I was hoarse from giving orders. Then we ate sandwiches, fruit, candy, ice cream,  "etc." and then we darkened the auditorium and lit up the stage and did the 3rd and 4th acts fine.

Home at 4:30. Changed my clothes. Mr. Lee had his new Ford standing out in front of his place and pretty soon Mr. Hovelman came around with his new runabout. He killed his engine when he stopped and he and the neibors could not start it so I went up and started it and he and I went out for a little ride. He has got a fine little car. He then took his wife out and I ate my sup. Just as I got done he came back and we went out again. I drove it over to the other side of the lake and then I had him do it to get the experience. We went down to Lake St, and back and then I took out the foot boards and explained a few things. He then put it in the garage, came over later and paid for one month, locked it and left the key with us. To bed 9:30.

The club has decided not to give the Minstrel Show as it is too late in the season. We will raise the 25 bones some other way. "Jitney Buses" are getting more numerous, but I have not been in one yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment