Saturday, May 9, 2020

March 31 - April 2, 1915

296 Best Vintage Bikes images in 2020 | Vintage bikes, Vintage ...
Doesn't look like bicycle have changed much since 1915.

Wed, March 31, 1915

Sunny - Cloudy - barely melting.

Monkeyed around in A.M. took my bike out of basement. Only a few spokes in back wheel (unclear word) are no good. Will put some new ones in. Went downtown 12 N. Over to Pa's office and got money for new shoes. Bought shoes at Home Trader for $3. Met Pa at 3:30 and we went to the Garrick [theatre] and saw a fine show. Home at 6:45. I bought some spokes (a whole new set) for my back wheel. Up to church, but H. Cool could not come - did not practice. Home 9:15 and to bed. Got a letter from Lillian Crane yesterday.

Thurs. Apr. 1, 1915

Quite warm and semi cloudy.

I cut all spokes out of my back wheel and restrung it over again with new ones - also tightened up front wheel. Took me all day. Did not go to the meeting of Cliff's club at the Y.M.C.A. tonight. Read chicks article, played cards with Pa and to bed 9:25.

Fri. Apr. 2, 1915

Sunny and fine and balmy

Good Friday and Pa home. I went downtown and got haircut, new shoe (unclear word) clutch for my brake 70 cents and Home. Fixed up my wheel and rode down to lake H. and around for a couple of hours. Chas. Greenlaw had our classes up to the church to-night. 8 were there and they played game, had candy, apples and popcorn "etc." home 10:30 and to bed 11P.X.

No comments:

Post a Comment