Friday, May 1, 2020

March 16 -18, 1915

Tues, March 16, 1915

The building grandpa goes to visit. It still stand today and was the tallest in Minneapolis until 1929.

Fine and Warm

Walked home with Stan Hall. Went to Sunday School covered lunch in eve and we voted to start Sunday School at 9:30 starting Apr. and to use the envelope system for collection. Good meeting

Wed, March 17, 1915

Fine and warm

Left school at end of 5th and walked home - monkeyed around and in eve drew a plan for a brooder house.

Thurs, March 18, 1915



Dark and snow or sleet at intervals.

Started to walk downtown from school, but it started to hail like blazes so I got on a car and before I was downtown it had stopped again. I went into the new 20 story 1st Nat, Soo bldg. Not done yet but in use. Took elevator to top floor, saw more stairs ascending upward, so I went up and opened a door and was on the roof. Saw more stairs mounting upward to a platform from which I could see all over. Only my vision was restricted by the fog. The 12 story bldgs looked small from my lofty point of observation. I went to the Lyric [Theatre] and then home and wrote some chicken material down from Country Gent.

No comments:

Post a Comment