Friday, April 17, 2020

Feb. 21 - 22, 1915

Lyric Theatre - I believe this was live theatre

Feb. 21, 1915

Slushy and wet - Rainy and snowy.

Up studied my S.S. lesson and went up to church hear sermon on "The Value of Life." Taught my class - 4 present - 1 new scholar. Was elected as a delegate from our S.S.to the boys conference at Y.M.C.A. Fri and Sat, but I have to work all day Sat. so I had to refuse. In 2 weeks we are going to have a fine new superintendent from Iowa. We haven't one now at all.

Read all rest of day

Feb. 22, 1915

Lyric Theatre (Original)
Interior Lyric Theatre

Washington's birthday

Warm and slushy turning colder to-night will freeze.

No school. Pa is not home yet from Madison, Wis. Read paper all morning. In Afternoon mother and I went to The Lyric. I also bought a pair of rubbers. I wrote a debate in the eve to give in Hist. tomorrow.

The World Expo. at Frisco opened last Saturday night. Pres. Wilson opened it by wireless from Washington.

AckleyTowerofJewels
San Francisco World Expo. 1915
Wikipedia notes: The Panama–Pacific International Exposition was a world's fair held in San Francisco, California, United States, from February 20 to December 4, 1915. Its stated purpose was to celebrate the completion of the Panama Canal, but it was widely seen in the city as an opportunity to showcase its recovery from the 1906 earthquake. The fair was constructed on a 636 acre (1 sq. mi., 2.6 km2) site along the northern shore, between the Presidio and Fort Mason, now known as the Marina District.

No comments:

Post a Comment